True Love

True Love

Friday, May 8, 2009

Birthmother's Day!




I am posting this a day early as I will be in Holbrook, Az with Braden and his family. I didn’t think this first Mother’s day would be so hard, I have been doing so well coping with my placement, but just today it has all hit me as I get ready to see Lynzie, Daniel and Evelyn for a Mother’s Day lunch, I know I will not cry, I know I will be happy. I am excited to see them all tommorrow it has been about a month or 2 since i last saw them. it will be a bittersweet day. I love my visits because i dont hurt when i leave i am sad but it goes away after a bit of time a small amount then i am fine. the goodbyes are never goodbyes but see you laters. The visits have helped me the last 6 1/2 months and made placement alot easier. Thank you Lynzie and Daniel for all the many visits. I am grateful that Lynzie is able to finally celebrate her First Mother’s Day, it has been long waited.. Happy Mother’s Day Lynzie and all the other Mothers and BIRTHMOTHERS.

Birthmother’s Day and Mother’s Day
On this day I ache. There is something missing.
Missing is Evelyn, she is with her Mother, her Parent.
My heart longs to have her back in my arms, to feed her and put her sleep, I know she is in a good home with wonderful parents and an amazing mother who loves her so much.
I am a Mom, a good Mom, One who gave her daughter more, gave her a gift.
It’s not that I wasn’t capable of being a Mother, cause I was capable in everyway imaginable, but Evelyn DESERVED more, a father and mother and the priesthood and so much more she gets from her family and extended family.
I am a Mom and Always will be. TWO Mothers will always love Evelyn.


Explanation of Birthmother's day:
Birthmother's day is a day to celebrate and honor our birthmotherhood. Its a day to reflect on the choice we made and the life we gave. Its a day to recognize, that we are good mothers who made the ultimate sacrifice for our children.
History on Birthmother's Day:
Birthmother's Day is celebrated the Saturday before Mother's Day. It originated in 1990 by a group of birthmothers in Seattle, Washington. Most birthmothers will agree that Mother's Day is a very painful holiday and these women wanted to create something that would honor their birthmotherhood.

No comments: